DANIEL T. YATES, CIMA®
Senior Vice President
- 27+ years investment management experience
- BS, Finance and BS, Economics - California State University, Northridge
- Achieved the Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®) designation from The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania
- Affiliated with Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network since 2022
- Formally First Vice President with Merrill Lynch, Vice President with UBS Wealth Management, Financial Advisor with Smith Barney
- Series 7, 63 & 65 registrations, variable annuity and life insurance licensed
CA Insurance License 0D19894 Resident State CA
I was lucky enough to be hired straight out of college into the training program at Smith Barney in 1994. Over the years I was recruited by other firms like UBS and Merrill Lynch where, from each firm, I gained a tremendous wealth of knowledge.
During this time I have been fortunate to develop a successful practice offering comprehensive and objective financial advice and portfolio management to a select handful of families who have become more than just clients; they have become friends.
In 2021 after visiting my former colleagues here, Westlake Private Wealth Management immediately felt like home. A boutique private wealth management practice with all the support of one of the country's largest and most established companies, access to comprehensive investment research and open architecture investment solutions, yet with the independence and objectivity that allow me to always put my clients’ best interests first. Plus I am afforded the option of making introductions to my network of outside professionals where it makes sense, as well as internally.
When I'm not working with my friends and clients on all things financial, I enjoy spending time with my happy, healthy family here in The Conejo Valley, and being active outdoors biking, hiking, sailing, golfing, or coaching and/or cheering at my kids' sporting events.